Thursday, February 24, 2011

I have made my decision


Well, after much thought and deliberation, I have decided that I do not know anything about computers.  Okay, I lied.  It didn't take that much thought or deliberation.

My computer-wise brother in law laughingly told me that of course there was a way to not have search engines pick up your blog, when I asked him how it could be done.  Of course then he started going off about robots and entering them in the html editor and crawling and other stuff. 

Since I don't speak gobbildy gook, I obviously had no idea what he was talking about. And, since I also do not have robots sitting around that know anything about html editors, I figured I had to take control of the situation.  AND I HAVE.

Enter:



What do these pictures have to do with my decision?  Well, you'll just have to ask and find out!  As a clue...I have decided to create a new blog.  It's gonna be so awesome, you guys.  Seriously.  Well, I hope so.


And, as such, this blog will no longer function.  :(  Sad face.  But, it must be done, for the time being.  So, what I'm trying to say is, I will be posting on another blog site.  I don't want to link that site to this blog, for the reason that (since I know nothing about computers, I think this makes sense in my mind) I don't want the search engines to get that site somehow attached to this site.  Just nod your head and say yes.


SO, if you want to know the new site just leave a comment and a way for me to get back to you, and I will send you the info.  Also, I'll probably be linking it to my facebook, so if you are friends with me then you can try to find it that way too.  And, if you don't know me at all but you still like to read my blog, then still ask me!  I don't care at all...I just like that people read my blog and want to still read it!  Believe me, I read so many people's blogs that I have never actually met/seen/knew about in real life.  I don't think it's creepy at all.  If you like my blog, then I like you.


Anyway, see you on the other side!  They'll be lots of pictures and fun.  I'm excited!



16 comments:

Karla said...

i have such mixed emotions! i'm sad to depart from this blog but i'm giddy with the thought of a new blog! ahhh! well, we shall see what the future holds for your blog...and yes, send me whatever info you need because i click on your blog every single day. pathetic? i think not! you're just that entertaining to me :)

lrcizmas@hotmail.com
or
cbuz75@gmail.com

Alysha and Jason said...

ME! Pick me! I want to stalk you.

Jamie said...

At the risk of sounding silly, but you know there is an option to hide your blog from search engines already, right? From your blog page just clcik "new post." Next, go into the "settings" tab. And scroll down to where it says "Let search engines find my blog" and switch it to "No."
Also, if you do change your blog, I would love to be invited. Troy and I like to keep up on people from Vegas.
Jamie Hallewell

Shleby Lynn said...

I wanna know! I wanna know! :D

eBN said...

Steph, you really ought to get in touch with your robotic side.

Text me the blog and I'll promise not to share it with my robot friends.

-Breounsi

Mitch and Val said...

Well I love your blog so you'll have to let me know where your new one is :) You could email me at valbgoob@hotmail.com or just write me on facebook or something. Also, I'm interested to know the connection between your blog and Mr. Bean haha

Ron said...

I'd like to see this new blog; cokecop@aol.com

Tricia and Aaron said...

i'd like to continue with the madness...message me on FB when you switch!

Brakell and Will Hinsdale said...

I'd love t read your new blog! I've really enjoyed reading yours! Email me at curlupndye05@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

This is probably one of the best posts I have ever seen merely because of the Bean Mona Lisa picture. OH MY GOSH! I laughed so incredibly hard. I also preceded to show all of my roommates and they want to be welcomed to your new blog because they are all avid followers.

Anonymous said...

I have a solution for you. Just edit your publishing settings. You can tell it not to "crawl" your website so search engines wont find it. You can remove it from blogger listings as well. And if you are still worried, make it private! I love your day-to-day, real life posts.

Carol Swift said...

I almost missed this! Geez! If Ron hadn't told me, I would never have known. Well, I probably would have known eventually, but somehow this post got buried beneath a gazillion other posts in my dashboard. Please, please, let me know where you're moving ao I can follow you!

Me said...

prerunfunswife@hotmail.com
Don't leave me behind!. . . please

Reegan Lake said...

Hi. We have never met but I am Katie Pitts' roommate and I read your blog very often. :) I'm sure that one day you and I will meet and it will be a joyous occasion but in the meantime I would like to follow your new blog because frankly I need to laugh as hard as I did at the Bean Mona Lisa more often. Thanks! Reegan

sweetjuicereegan@gmail.com

Brittanie said...

We would love to know! And I also love the Bean Mona Lisa picture!

Unknown said...

So I am one of those blog stalkers you mentioned... I love reading your blog! I think we grew up in the same stake.. Anyways! I would love to continue reading on your new blog!! jeniklv@yahoo.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin